Skip to main content

Train Travel

 

At least, once in their lifetime every human being would have travelled in Train. Either with their parents, alone, friends, relatives and especially with unknown faces and strangers. It’s a public transport to go far away places or to the very next stopping. To meet your friend, for hangouts, discovering new places or going to the same college or school.

I used to go with my mom and brother to my native place during summer holidays to meet my cousins, uncles, aunts and grandparents of my mother side during my childhood days to now. It’s a village with temples, cows, goats, beautiful flowers, tall trees, lakes, monkeys and mountains. I love the temple I used to go which is on top of the mountains. My mother used to take us in bus when we’re kids until she discovered the easy train travel.

As a Kid to now, I always prefer to be seated on the window seat. Counting the stoppings to reach the destined place. Now, I’m travelling on my own to the office or the whatever places. Whenever I travel alone, I don’t count the stoppings but listening to the songs of my favorite to avoid boredom.

I’m a Chennai girl. Whenever the train slows down before or after the Tambaram station I used to feel why this train is going dead slow. I am not getting that speed of air on my face in the window seat. Until I came to know it’s a main stopping for everyone and so many people will be using train there.

My favorite stopping is the last stopping of the Chengalpattu train which has lake by that side. Every time I visit there, I take as many of pictures and videos in my phone.

During my first job, train travel became my routine. I travelled with my colleague and alone. Sometimes tired, sometimes no place to sit, sometimes watching strangers, sometimes sleeping, sometimes listening to songs or watching reels, movies.

I buy foods like samosa, banana cake. My mom buys popcorn for my brother. Window seat is the favorite part of the train travel. “Train goes as speed as possible, stops in every station, I’m here listening to songs, watching the buildings, trees, vehicles, people, animals, that passes by”.

I feel good with train travel. Either alone or with a person. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My He(Art) !!!

There's a person who came into my life like a light when I'm in darkness. Showed me the Moon, Sun and the Stars. Made me love myself even more. Read me like a book. Got to know my inner and outer self. Discovered my soul. Made me believe I'm perfect the way I am. Made me the happiest person in the world. Everything happened like Magic ! I forever treasure those memories in My He(Art) !

Me !

Who will take care of the eldest daughter ? Her emotions ? Her feelings ? Her sacrifices ? Her family expects to be the role model for their younger sisters and brothers. Growing up as a eldest daughter in a middle class isn't easy for me. I cried many times and been through a lot of things alone without any support. I have sacrificed many things for my family and younger sibling. It was hard for me to accept the situation. Why it's happening to me ? And later I learned to be alone. Do things alone. Travel alone. And to achieve things alone. It took me years to learn my lessons and finally became wiser person now. After the school got over. I got the opportunity to study in a engineering college by the government scholarship. I never thought about the course and the college. I was okay with anything and I just wanted to do engineering. All that mattered to me was distance and money. My dad wasn't ready to pay lakhs of donation for me to get into a IT field. After four years...